Monday, November 16, 2009
Three Rivers
I know this really don't have much to do with school but I had to say something about it. I just got done watch the TV show Three Rivers(it is about a transplant hospital in Pittsburgh PA) and it was about a man that was in a car accident and he was already suffering from Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis(ALS) or it is called Lou Gehrig's disease, and he met a guy waiting for a heart. So he decided that he wanted to be taking off life support so that he can donate his heart to this man. At first the doctor was against his decision but then the doctor sat down and talked with the man and he agreed with the man. I know that sure don't happen to much but to make a long story short, it really made me think why is there so much red tape when someone with a disease that is life ending with no chance of recover, want to end there life? I know this is a touchy subject and everyone has a opinion but I just know that if I was the one with the disease I would choose the something the man on the show did. I know it is a TV show but this happens everyday in real life. The man ended up saving 7 people with the organs he donated. It is so amazing what one person can do in death. It was a very emotional show. I know this isn't a top of discussion but I like these shows. Till next time Peace Out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment