Tuesday, December 1, 2009
What happened to 2009
I'm sure everyone feels the way I do, What happened to 2009. Today is December 1 already. I can remember when I was young and all I wanted was the years to go fast so that I would be big enough to do what I want, Boy if only I could turn back time. Don't get me wrong I love my life now I just wish I would of did thinks abit different. Now when I look back I think to myself, Heather why didn't you go to school right after high school and you could be in the career that you want by now, instead I'm 34 years old and becoming a MA, I have not worked in medical at all, so all of this is new to me and I think allot of my classmates have been in the medical field for a couple of years and they don't realize that not everyone has. So I not only have to keep my grades up in school I have to study harder to get to the point where allot of my classmates are already at. The good news is I finally took the first steps so it won't be long till I also know what I'm talking about. LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Heather,
ReplyDeleteDon't get discouraged about where you are now compared to other students. I am a navy instructor, so I see everything from kids straight out of high school to the 32 year old I have in my class right now. I can tell you one thing for sure, the older students are much better students. Straight out of highschool, your maturity level is... we'll say not usually where it needs to be to take something like that seriously. There are some exceptions to the younger kids, but I usually prefer teaching someone who has had time to grow up. Never discount the value of life experience. As an adult going back to school you have a much better perspective on what you are doing and why you are there. You have a much higher level of focus and motivation because you know why what you are doing is important and what you want from it. So don't ever let younger students make you feel bad... Your instructors probably prefer working with you... ;-)